Monday, May 11, 2009

Eye Opener: Online Learning Activities

Kathy's Crossword Puzzle Activity
1.Fetal
2.Gasoline
3.Older
4.1978
5.Myth
4. Across 1940
6.Paint
7.Sperm
8.80
9.Dust
During this activity I learned a lot about lead-based paint that I didn't know.  Kathy, I think you did a really great job on educating us and adding a fun activity to it as well.  It makes it a lot easier to learn when you are doing something fun as well.  Good job.  Also, I know we talked about this together, but I don't exactly want to call George to find out about when our house was built, but I think it was post-1950's.

Section 1
1.Fear of Lying
2.Fear of Speed
3.Fear of Witches and Witchcraft
4.Fear of being Alone
5.Fear of stairs or steep slopes
6.Fear of speaking in public
7.Fear of clocks
8.Fear of ugliness
9.Fear of the color white
10.Fear of dirt and germs
Section 2
1.Mageirocophobia
2.Ornithophobia
3.Domatophobia
4.Aichmophobia
5.Coulrophobia
6.Elurophobia
7.Heliophobia
8.Obesophobia
9.Xenophobia
10.Megalophobia
Steve, I really liked this activity.  I learned a lot about phobia's in my high school psych class and the ways to treat them.  It is really interesting.

This was a fun learning activity and you got a chance to interact.  I was surprised by quite a few things that were considered to cause allergens.  The one that stuck out the most to me was the cleaning products.  I understand tahat they give off some toxic gases, but I never really considered them to be something that could affect your allergies. The solution that it gives is to read the safety information on the label, and manufacturer's instructions when using any chemical cleaning product.  Great job Shar!

This was a great site! I couldn't believe some of the costs on here! I don't see my bills, since my dad pays my insurance and bills so I had no idea! I feel bad for the people without insurance, because something as small as an ear infection can cost quite a bit of money.  If you didn't have insurance it would be really hard to pay for all of these things.  Good activity Heather!!

I thought this game was fun to watch.  All of it was very true.  It is sad that they just raise prices, so that the top people who are already making more than enough money can just make more.  It makes me think of all the greediness of people in the U.S.  This was good activity and you had a lot of good information as well. Good job Christen! 


5 comments:

  1. Great job on all these activity Kaileigh! Your post looks nice and organized=)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job Kaileigh!!! You did awesome on the learning activities.. I had a lot of fun being in your group and very sad that this class is over.. It was a lot of fun! Have a great summer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaileigh!
    You did a good job on the activties, I don't blame you for not wanting to call George haha, but I hope we are safe and no worries!! He usually takes care of us :)
    Your activity was interesting and very educational. It looks like you learned a lot from this experience! Good job Kaileigh!

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job Kaileigh! I loved doing these activities, and it definitely taught us a lot! Yours looks really great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey again! Great job with my Phobia thing! And I enjoyed your learning activity as well! Have a good one!

    Steve

    ReplyDelete